Saturday, January 3, 2015

36 Weeks


How far along? 36 Weeks and 3 Days
Baby is the size of a(n): Honeydew
Maternity Clothes? No change-pants yes, shirts both.
Sleep: Pretty good considering we are now in month 9! A bit restless, but nothing too bad. Thankfully I mostly sleep through the night, only waking up from worrying about getting things done (or about my belly button).
Best moment of the week: Being able to go on a date! The two (well, 3) of us rarely go out by ourselves. We tried a local Italian restaurant in our neighborhood on New Years Eve, and it was soooo good. We loved it so much we went back a few nights later. ;) We kept it pretty low key on New Year's, but it was nice to have some time for just us.
We also had our 36 week check up, which means from here on out we will be visiting the doc every week. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by! Baby is still in good position, but unfortunately no signs of imminent birth.
To finish the week, I became a prenatal model! Hillary's yoga studio asked me to model for prenatal promotional materials, which was kind of neat! Their marketing/photographer person took photos of me in lots of different positions that highlight the belly. I can't wait to see how they turn out!
Worst moment of the week: Hearing comments from co-workers about my preggo self. I really don't understand why people feel obligated or entitled to comment on any changing body parts due to pregnancy. One woman in my office has taken to insisting my face if puffy, and has told me multiple times this week. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!
Missing the most: Family! It was so nice to have my parents here, and I wish both of our parents could be here when the baby comes.
Cravings: None for me, but sympathy pregnancy symptoms manifest in frozen custard for Peter.
Wedding rings on or off? Old anniversary ring is still on. Missing my normal rings. :(
Belly button in or out? It has gotten even more flat, if that is possible. I can see the skin closest to the hole is lighter, because it is usually inside and not exposed! I still wake up sometimes panicked about the status of my belly button. I think I can touch the dead center now. Weird!
Looking forward to: Hitting the 37 week mark this weekend means that we have made to to full term! Yay! Now we just need to make sure baby stays in good position, and get ready to welcome our little bundle of joy into this world. Bags packed: mostly. Changing table: finally built. Laundry:done. Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment