Saturday, October 18, 2014

Week 24/25


How far along? 25 Weeks and 6 Days
Baby is the size of a(n): Week 24 (not pictured): Cantaloupe. Week 25: Cauliflower
Maternity Clothes? I seem to have grown overnight between weeks 24 and 25. I am exclusively in maternity pants or yoga pants. Tops I can still wear in a larger size. As the fall starts to settle in, I am starting to worry about my jackets! I will probably need to get something that I can zip up as it gets colder.
Sleep: Week 24 was pretty good. This past week though, I have had quite a bit of trouble sleeping. Partly because I am woken up in the middle of the night by Peter urging me to roll over. I still have not invested in a maternity pillow, and my little fort of pillows I pile up around me are not holding me in! I inevitably end up on my back. Peter has now taken to feeling my belly when he finds me sleeping on my back, and gets very upset when he can feel baby beeb going crazy! This concerned father is afraid she is trying to tell me I am hurting her. :/
Best moment of the week: It has been a very busy few weeks. I had hoped to get a picture and post update completed last week, but I was in San Francisco for work all week and time just flew by. This was my second time in two weeks getting on a 6 hour plane ride. The trip out was OK. The trip back, however, was kind of uncomfortable. Obama flew out at the same time, and closed the runway for an hour or so, which meant our already boarded plane got to sit on the jetway for a long time. :( While in SF, I spent some time in the office visiting my boss, and a few days in a leadership training class. My parents flew down for my last few nights, which was really nice. The timing, however, could have been better for Peter. He had finals for his first block in med school. I wish I could have been home to cheer him on.

Since I was gone during week 24, I had my check-up during week 25. Peter had class, so Doula Hillary came along! Pretty uneventful appointment, but good to hear the heartbeat and get reassurance that she is still thriving in there! We also went to visit a Pediatrician this week. There are so many decisions to make in the next few months!
Missing the most: Week 24 definitely missed Peter and Lacey the most! During week 25, I started to finally "feel" pregnant. So far I have kept up my normal work out routine, taking regular yoga classes and such, only modifying where completely necessary. With the sudden expansion of my belly, I am starting to miss being able to bend without something hard in my way. I realize I will probably need to start adjusting more as I grow, so I better get used to it!
Cravings: Meat. Still meat.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Belly button in or out? In. I actually didn't think it would pop out, but I am not so certain anymore...I can feel the cartilage inside has shifted upwards and you can feel it above the belly button now. Amazing how the human body changes!
Looking forward to: Hanging out with our dear friend Rachel again this weekend! She is in town for a quick visit, and I always love to see her. I am looking forward to doing some homework for our Bradley class. I need to attend the La Leche League meeting this week, and am curious to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment